Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the BitFlock.com website, or using software downloaded from BitFlock.com.
The types of information collected at BitFlock.com are:
- Operating system type.
- CPU name and architecture.
- Hard disk controller name, controller driver file name and version.
- Hard disk information from the IDENTIFY ATA/ATAPI command.
- Hard disk health information as reported by ATA/ATAPI commands related to gathering SMART data, commands related to gathering SCT data and commands related to gathering hard disk error log data, or as reported by the Operating System.
- Hard disk geometry information, including but not limited to, sector / head / cylinder counts, as reported by the Operating System.
- Hard disk layout, including but not limited to, partition layout information, as reported by the Operating System.
- USB driver identification, including but not limited to, the Vendor ID / Product ID, as reported by the Operating System.
- Other miscellaneous information related to accessing disks in the system, including but not limited to, the methods used to communicate directly with the disk.
The types of information not collected at BitFlock.com:
- We never collect files / folders or any data from the data portion of a hard disk's partition using software downloaded at BitFlock.com.
How You or Others Can Access Your Information
The Way We Use Information
We do not rent or sell any information provided to BitFlock.com to third parties.
We use the information provided to BitFlock.com to publicly show hard disk related information on the website BitFlock.com. We also use the information to compute statistics related to drive failure rates, or other interesting aggregate hard disk data. Some examples of this are hard disk manufacturer popularity or model popularity on BitFlock.com. Any aggregate hard disk data computed can be shown publicly on BitFlock.com at any time without limitations.
We also use the information provided to BitFlock.com to research and develop future products and services. These products and services can be either paid or free services and/or software.
Our Commitment To Data Security
In order to promote the anonymity of our users, by default, any data set collected from a user is assigned a random identifier called a 'Nest ID'. The data set collected is grouped and associated with the 'Nest ID'. However, this 'Nest ID' can be changed to a more meaningful name at the user's discretion. If a user chooses to change the 'Nest ID', they are forfeiting the inherent anonymity provided by the random 'Nest ID' and may be losing their anonymity.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, BitFlock.com operates using 128-bit SSL.